BloomText is an open, HIPAA compliant communication platform, offering free, as well as optional paid plans. In this article, we’ll explore the different plans, including their features and pricing.
Sections in this article
- Plans Overview
- BloomText Starter
- BloomText Professional
- Patient Engagement
- Upgrading to a paid plan
BloomText offers three subscription plans:
- BloomText Starter [Free]: For communicating with your team and other organizations
- BloomText Professional [Paid]: Additional features for team communication
- Patient Engagement [Paid]: For communicating with your patients
BloomText Starter is free to use, and provides your organization with the following features:
- Chat with up to 10 of your coworkers
- Invite and chat with an unlimited number of other organizations
- Send documents to other healthcare professionals via secure email or fax
- Download the BloomText desktop app as well as the mobile app
- Sign a Business Associate Agreement (BAA)
Q: How many people can I invite to BloomText?
You can invite up to 10 coworkers to your organization. There is no limit, however, to the number of people you can invite or message that are in other organizations.
Q: What happens if my organization exceeds 10 members?
You will still be able to login to BloomText and message users in other organizations, but you will no longer be able to send messages to your coworkers.
If your organizations exceeds 10 coworkers, and you wish to continue using BloomText for team communication, a BloomText Professional Plan is required.
BloomText Professional costs $9/user/month, and includes the following additional features:
- Advanced search: Search across messages, files, and conversations
- Administrative controls: Control user access, audit conversations, and manage groups
- Enhanced support: 24-hour response time during normal U.S. business days
Q: Which users do I have to pay for?
BloomText professional requires that you pay $9/user/month, for each user in your organization. This does not include patients, or users in other organizations that you chat with.
Q: How do I add and remove users?
You are only charged for the existing members in your organization. If you are an administrator, you can add or remove users by watching the video here.
You can also use BloomText to communicate with your patients. BloomText’s Patient Engagement plan supports the following features:
- Patient Messaging: Communicate with your patients via secure email or text
- Video & Telehealth: Host video calls with your patients
- Website Chat: Add a secure live chat widget to your website
Each one of these features has separate pricing, and can be turned on or off depending on your organization’s needs. You can also choose which specific members in your organization have access to these features.
BloomText offers 2-way HIPAA secure patient conversations via either email or SMS Texting. There are two options you can consider for patient messaging:
- Team: a shared SMS number for your entire organization: $49/month per SMS number
- Individual: an SMS number for one user: $19/month per SMS number
The team option is the best choice if you want one SMS number for your entire organization or per location. The individual option is best if you prefer to assign specific numbers to specific individuals.
You’ll be able to send and receive a specified number of messages to your patients each month:
- Team: up to 2500 messages per month
- Individual: up to 500 messages per month
Q: What if I exceed my message limit?
BloomText keeps track of your message count, and alerts you if you are approaching your limit. You can purchase additional messages at $0.04 per message.
Q: Do my extra messages roll over at the end of the month?
Your extra messages do not roll over at the end of the month. Your message limit always stays the same.
Q: Do message limits apply to chats with my coworkers?
You can send an unlimited number of messages to coworkers and other providers. Messaging limits only apply when messaging patients.
Q: What if I just want to use email?
Sending secure emails to patients requires having a Team SMS or Individual SMS plan.
For more information on BloomText patient messaging, you can visit our article here
Video & Telehealth
BloomText Video is a HIPAA-secure way to have telehealth appointments with your patients. With BloomText Video, participants can join from any device, and don’t have to download an app.
BloomText Video offers the following functionality:
- Unlimited minutes per video user
- Up to 6 participants per video call
- Screen sharing
- Works on any device
- View and manage call history
BloomText Video costs $29 per user, and you can choose which users in your organization have access to this feature.
For more information, you can visit our article here.
Upgrading to a paid plan
If you are thinking about upgrading to a paid plan, there’s a few things we’d like you to know:
- Upgrading to a paid plan is completely optional
- All paid plans offer a 14-day, risk-free cancellation policy
- Plans are month-to-month, and you can cancel your plan at any time
If you would like to talk to us about upgrading to a paid plan, send us a message here.